Now is time to apply for this venture initiative
We have recently seen a number of reports about the gap of women in innovation. This is an amazing chance for women to participate in enterprise. The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) has launched a new initiative “Enterprise Development for Women-Owned Ventures in Green Energy”.
Funded by the African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF), this 12-month programme will support 70 women involved in renewable and green energy production in two African countries – MALAWI and NIGERIA.
This programme covers two main components to be implemented across two phases:
Startup Incubator – 30 women in each country (60 in total) supported in designing, refining and launching their renewable and green energy business ideas
Accelerator – 10 established renewable and green energy women-owned/led ventures (5 from each country) will receive entrepreneurial training and preparation for investment-readiness. The programme offers opportunity of accessing venture finance
This application is specifically for women interested in joining the startup incubator with ideas and solutions for renewable and green energy. The startup Incubator programme is aimed at helping women turn their renewable and green energy enterprise idea into a product or service that customers want to buy. The winning individuals or teams will receive training and support on turning their ideas into reality.
What Happens Next?
Once selected, individuals or teams will receive a free entry to the incubator including:
- Once selected, individuals or teams will receive a free entry to the incubator including:
- Incubator modules incl. pitch training
- Mentorship support during the test phase of your business idea
- Expert guidance and tailored support to make your business idea a reality
- Networking and peer learning opportunity with like-minded entrepreneurs
The best pitches will receive an opportunity to pitch their business idea at the AWIEF Annual Conference (Dec 2-3, 2020; physical + virtual) – Africa’s number 1 women entrepreneurship conference for dialogue on issues of business – in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- You must be over 18 years of age and resident in Malawi or Nigeria, and fluent in English.
- Business Venture Sector Focus in Renewable & Green Energy Sector can include the following: Solar, wind, water (hydro), hybrid, biomass, biogas, biofuel and other green energy solutions including concepts for sustainable clean energy-technologies for cooking
- Business venture to be incorporated and operated in Malawi or Nigeria
- Programme participants committed to working 20+ hours a week on their venture
- Applicants can apply as individuals or a team with a maximum of 3 members
Applications close – 15 August 2020
Notification – 31 August 2020
Programme starts – September 2020
Programme ends – November 2020
Apply now before the deadline by clicking here.